ALL DIGITAL Week is following in the footsteps of the European Get Online Week as one of the major pan-European awareness raising campaigns on digital skills for inclusion and employment. It is run at digital competence centres, libraries, schools, community centres and non-for-profits across Europe, bringing 100,000 Europeans every year in exciting online and offline events tackling digital transformation and its effects.
The ALL DIGITAL Week campaign sends a strong message to all Europeans that they should take active steps towards understanding the digital transformation and benefiting from it, by learning new media literacy and digital skills and by developing an adaptive mindset.
The campaign will give people tools and approaches to enhance their digital skills and help them to be more adaptive with respect to their working skills. The campaign will:
- Build trust in technology by developing critical thinking and media literacy (including being aware of and combating fake news, hate speech and social media abuse)
- Develop a lifelong learning approach to enhancing digital skills in an ever changing and increasingly digital-oriented economy.
Underpinning these themes there will be a range of events and activities covering a variety of topics from digital literacy to online safety and cybersecurity to coding.
What is the target audience?
All Europeans with insufficient digital and media literacy skills! This campaign has something for everyone – no matter the age, gender, nationality, education or employment status.
What’s new in 2018?
- Anyone can join!
- Open to national partners outside of the ALL DIGITAL network
- Open to event organisers in any country (even if there is no national partner) – you can put your event on the map
- Contest for the best event among event organisers during the Week
- Good Practices from National partners from previous campaigns (available in February)
- Teaching activities scripts (available in February)
How to get involved?
You can participate in the campaign in various ways – as a national partner, event organiser, supporter and, of course, as a participant. Learn more in the Get involved section.
In 2018, the Unite-IT platform provides networking opportunities for event organisers, hosts the photos, videos and stories from ALL DIGITAL Week.