2018: ALL DIGITAL Week in Latvia focused on joint digital skills and services promotion campaign organized by National Digital skills Coalition in Latvia together with other partners
In Latvia, ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 was coordinated by Latvian Information and Communication technology association (LIKTA) and Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development of Latvia and other National Digital Coalition partners as well as the Digital Champion of Latvia Mr Reinis Zitmanis.
Each day of the campaign had its special focus :
- Day 1 : High level opening, “Digital skills for SMART Citizen in SMART country “
- Day 2 : Cybersecurity Day and Night
- Day 3 : Digital skills for my future job
- Day 4 : ICT professinals day
- Day 5 : Media Literacy and critical thinking
524 dedicated events were organized f2f in 161 cities, towns and villages of Latvia . Over 24,000 citizens directly participated, over 3,6 million were reached by the media.
The campaign was organised under the motto “Smart Latvia” and “Digital by default”. The most important fwas the massive commitment and involvement of the different partners. Starting from Prime Minister of Latvia Maris Kučinskis and going to smallest grassroot organizations – regional libraries, schools, and municipalities.
Latvian Digital Champion Reinis Zitmanis stated that the campaign was a real “Digital festival“.
The campaign was promoted through the special dedicated website www.eprasmes.lv; organisational websites www.likta.lv and www.mmu.lv and social media https://www.facebook.com/LIKTA.LV/
Contact: Mrs. Mara Jakobsone, Vice President
- Blogpost: GOW17 in Latvia: Digital skills for future digital jobs
- Blogpost: GOW17: Focus on Digital security and Cybersecurity in Latvia
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Latvia