Continuing to build the digital skills of the largest future workforce for Romania
Already a partner in all previous campaign editions, EOS Foundation again, for the ninth time, is the Romanian national partner in ALL DIGITAL Week 2018.
As a national partner, EOS Foundation will involve more than 100 partner centres/organizations across Romania to participate in ALL DIGITAL Week activities. There will be mainly schools (more than 50 schools involved), public libraries (at least 40), Public Access Points (more than 10), other ICT training centres (public or private bodies) interested to take part in the proposed activities. Any organization or institution willing to join the campaign will be welcomed to become an even organiser.
In 2018, ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania will focus on the following activities:
- First click: a range of courses, workshops and events will be developed in order to encourage first time users to access ICT devices (laptop, PC, tablets) and Internet and to become familiar with ICT skills – special attention will be paid to this activity;
- ICT for Women: National partners will be encouraged to run and complete training and workshops with the main purpose to raise awareness among women and girls about the importance of ICT skills and improving their employability chances. The scope of this activity is to increase the young women’s (and not only) interest for ICT related jobs, to raise women’s chances to obtain better jobs and to make them more competitive on the jobs market.
- Digital skills for seniors: In Romania, less than 28% of the senior citizens aged 55 to 64 have access to ICT devices and internet. Most of them are not familiar with the new technologies and never used computer or internet. In this sense, a large number of seniors and elderly people will be engaged to participate in different activities especially designed for them: e.g., First click, How to use a tablet/smartphone to connect to social networks, look for medical services, connect with public services, etc.
- ICT and Entrepreneurship for Women: Female entrepreneurs have become important players in the entrepreneurial landscape. However, in Romania, the percentage of women starting a business related to ICT is still very low. In this respect, a special curriculum addressed to women who are intending to develop an ICT related business was developed and will be distributed to the partner centres to be used during ALL DIGITAL Week.
- Minecraft for Education courses: organize various courses/tutorials related to Coding through Games/apps and Minecraft programming for young people.
At national level, the awareness raising campaign will be run using the online channels of communications of the national partner as:
With its 100 partners, EOS Romania will engage 10,000 users in ALL DIGITAL Week activities and reach at least 100,000 people.
Contact: Ms. Cornelia Popescu, project manager
- Blogpost: Romania rewards the most active GOW17 partners!
- Blogpost: The spring of digital opportunities in Romania – GOW17
- Blogpost: GOW in Romania: a great success! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2017 in Romania! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Romania
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Romania
- Blogpost: Get Online Week Launched in Romania
- Blogpost: The best digital week so far – Romanian GOW 2016 – and beyond!
- Video: How one Romanian gymnasium celebrates GOW16
- Blogpost: Safe first steps
- Blogpost: Newcomers with experience on Internet surfing
- Blogpost: Promoting an accessible web in Romania
- Photos: GOW 2015 in Romania