2018: Continuing to build the digital skills of the largest future workforce for Romania
Already a partner in all previous campaign editions, EOS Foundation again, for the ninth time, was the Romanian national partner in ALL DIGITAL Week 2018.
Hai pe net! campaign, which is the localized version of ALL DIGITAL week in Romania, was implemented in 2018 by EOS Foundation in partnership with National Association of Public Libraries in Romania, APDETIC Association and the Skills Coalition 4IT, together with an active community of telecentres, public libraries, schools, and other organizations and institutions dedicated to digital literacy in Romania.
This year, 112 centres registered for the campaign and offered 111 various activities at local level within their communities, depending on the specifics of the centre and the community. In total, 10,800 people participated in the campaign.
The highlight of the campaign this year was the launch event, organised in Bucharest on March 16. The event was attended by prominent guests and brought together a range of stakeholders and policy makers involved at national level in promoting the benefits of ICT and new technologies, in order to mitigate the digital divide in Romania. We had representatives from Ministry of Education – ICT department and also from Microsoft – CSR department and community affairs.
The launch event was recorded and broadcasted live on the EOS Romania Facebook page. This way, the transmission reached a great number of people (the video was seen by more than 8000 persons), who had the chance to see live the Hai pe net! 2018 launching event and to find out a lot of information related to the planned activities for the 19 – 25 March week.
Digital inclusion activities that marked the digital inclusion week in Romania and which involved a large number of participants were related to:
- First click: 65 courses and workshops were organized in order to encourage people who have never used a computer or have never accessed the Internet to make the first click with us in the campaign;
- Digital competences using IC3 – Digital Literacy certification. 682 IC3 free simulation from those 1000 IC3 simulations offered by Certipro Education, were taken during the week;
- Creative programming through Minecraft Education Edition – tutorials for schools students in order to learn how to create their own games; this activity was extremely well received by schools and public libraries, and over 47 workshops for students were developed during the campaign;
- Online training courses for e-facilitators, teachers and librarians – educators were encouraged to register on the educational portal of Microsoft, dedicated to teachers and trainers; over 360 exams were registered on the Microsoft platform;
- Promoting web accessibility – more than 20 activities & workshops for raising awareness among community members and public authorities about the importance of web accessibility took place;
- Cybersecurity – (Introduction to Cybersecurity) through Cisco NetAcad – schools and public libraries were supported to involve their students in the course Introduction to Cybersecuty and to obtain the Participation Certificate; a number of 327 courses were sustained until the end of Hai pe net! Week.
EOS ROmania is really proud of the impressive number of centers that registered this year as national partners for Hai pe net! /ALL DIGITAL week campaign and og the multitude of the events implemented by them. In Romania, the campaign has been implemented for nine consecutive years, but this year the activities implemented by our partners were much more diversified and addressed a variety of topics, dedicated to various target groups.
EOS tracked 85 media instances about the campaign, and here are some of the examples:
- Campaign Launch in Romania (video)
- Teaching seniors digital skills – TV Iasi
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Medgidia Library (TV)
- ALL DIGITAL Week at Pietrari Library
- Hai pa Net! (TV report)
- ALL DIGITAL Week at Alba Iulia national college
With its 100 partners, EOS Romania will engage 10,000 users in ALL DIGITAL Week activities and reach at least 100,000 people.
Contact: Ms. Cornelia Popescu, project manager
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Romania
- “Introduction to Cybersecurity” at “Ienachita Vacarescu” National College, Targoviste, Romania – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Winner
- Web accessibility – make the Internet available for all! – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Finalist
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 – With small steps in “The Knight’s World” – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Finalist
- Photos: ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania
- Overview of ALL DIGITAL Week commitments and activities in Romania
Blogs from partners/event organisers
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania – digital inclusion for all!
- ALL DIGITAL Campaign in Medgidia Municipal Library
- Big events also take place in small libraries
- The students from “Petru Rareș” National College Beclean learned about Cybersecurity
- We learn and communicate click by click
- We are all digital! – ALL DIGITAL Week at Alba Iulia, Romania
- Digital competences challenge for young people, Galatz, Romania
- Blogpost: Romania rewards the most active GOW17 partners!
- Blogpost: The spring of digital opportunities in Romania – GOW17
- Blogpost: GOW in Romania: a great success! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2017 in Romania! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Romania
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Romania
- Blogpost: Get Online Week Launched in Romania
- Blogpost: The best digital week so far – Romanian GOW 2016 – and beyond!
- Video: How one Romanian gymnasium celebrates GOW16
- Blogpost: Safe first steps
- Blogpost: Newcomers with experience on Internet surfing
- Blogpost: Promoting an accessible web in Romania
- Photos: GOW 2015 in Romania
- Photos: GOW13 in Romania
- GOW12 in Romania
- Video: Get Online Week 2012 at Pietrari Library
- Video: Get Online Week 2012 at Teius Theoretical High School
- GOW12 Partner in Romania – EOS Foundation