Spain GOW Past Editions
2017: Boosting digital skills in Spain
Already a partner for the past five GOW editions, Spanish Association of Telecentre Networks was again the Spanish national partner in 2017. The Association is a network of regional telecentre networks grouping around 8,000 national telecentres.
The Spanish Association of Telecentre Networks coordinated the campaign at a national level through its 11 Networks: Consorcio Fernando de los Ríos, Consorcio asturiano de Servicios Tecnologicos, Cabildo de Fuerteventura, Fundacion Centro Tecnologico, Consejeria de Fomento de Castilla y Leon, Diputacion Provincial de Burgos, Agencia gallega de Modernizacion Tecnologica, Direccion General de Informatica y Telecomunicaciones de Murcia, Fundacion Dedalo and Fundacion Esplai.
The Spanish National Partner developed several activities for the promoters of the GOW. The activities had been programmed from the different networks that form the association, and included workshops, webinars, talks with experts, and several online and face-to-face training events.
Some of the examples of those activities according to the GOW17 topics:
- Webinar Family cybersecurity “You drive on the Internet” was aimed at families to offer basic guidelines for a safe use of technology, with special attention to mobile devices and their apps.
- Connection and discussion with experts was structured as an action, in which the protagonism is shared between an expert (via hangout) and users. They would talk about a certain subject, providing and clarifying concepts, offering solutions, advice, practical applications. One of the topics was on Cybersecurity: a fundamental element that must be present in the daily use of ICT.
- Following your fingerprints on the Internet workshop was about digital identity and protection of personal data. This workshop enables a correct use of personal information and third parties on the Internet and above all, on social networks.
- Copyright and intellectual property on the internet training would enable users with skills to learn legal framework around the issues.
- Practical workshop “Tudela, a technological city” presented the most useful applications offered by the city administration . Tudela is an example of the city where the Administration is constantly improving their services for citizens and companies to make them more efficient, agile, and accessible.
- “Connection and discussion with experts“, described above, also included the topic of e-Services: this section encompasses a huge variety of services, including mainly e-administration.
- Introducting First aid in a webinar format.
Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Free online course on entrepreneurship were offered by Cisco NetAcad and Esplai Foundation.
- Connection and discussion with experts, described above, had the Entrepreneurship part including e-commerce, digital marketing, professional social networks, globalization of markets.
- Workshop Project EIBI: European incubator of business ideas was focused on identifying people who are willing to re-think their future and participate in a blended training that allows them to move from the idea to the business.
- Webinars Mobile Applications for Active Job Search and Create your Video CV and increase the chances of finding work were provided for job seekers.
Other activities that took place during the GOW17 in Spain included various training courses in the use of tablets and mobile devices; HTML training; Certification of Digital Competencies in Office of CODIX; Introduction to Robotics in the Guadalinfo centers.
6,000 people were planned to be engaged in the GOW17 activities in Spain.
Contact: Jose Moreno, Technical Secretary
Overview of activities and commitments for GOW16
Already a partner for the past four GOW editions Spanish Association of Telecentre Networks was again the Spanish national partner in 2016. The Association is a network of regional telecentre networks grouping around 8,000 national telecentres.
Here is a fraction of what took place in Spain in 2016:
- Conference/meeting and workshop of Telecentre Networks with the participation of managers and e-facilitators. The aim was to create a networking space where those responsible for managing of telecentre networks and Telecentres could share methodologies, processes, resources, tools and best practices.
- Training cycle “Employability and ICT”. The objective was to guide, train and provide resources of interest on the new opportunities of the Internet for job search. They had organized classroom workshops on Employability and ICT in CyL Digital Spaces, and other telecentres networks, aimed at both unemployed, to improve job search on the Internet and social networks, as well as those workers who wished to improve their tech skills. The training was conducted also for those seeking new digital career opportunities.
- Webinars cycle: “Internet – your window to employment”; Your CV, employment window; Your CV Employment Networks; Linkedin and search opportunities; Manage your professional identity on Linkedin.
- “CEMIT-Innova (spaces of digital social innovation)”. As part of this project a pilot on social innovation was designed and launched in various municipalities in the CEMIT Network, aimed at solving social challenges through new technologies. Collaborative and participatory spaces were created to help the process of social digital innovation. At the same time, citizens could bring together concerns, identify social challenges, and give collective responses that ICT would be a determining factor key.
- Digital skills and employment workshop. Different digital competence models will be discussed during the workshop.
- Online training actions planned by the Telecentre Networks.
Contact: Jose Moreno, Technical Secretary