Sweden to become a nation of 100% Digital Citizens
Föreningen Sambruk – Municipalities for Joint Development of e-Services – is the Swedish national partner for the fifth time for ALL DIGITAL Week. ALL DIGITAL Week in Sweden is run by the Swedish network organization ‘Digidelnätverket’ – coordinating and overseeing a host of activities all over Sweden, with the objective to become a nation of 100% Digital Citizens.
Digidelnätverket and Sambruk will involve public libraries, NGOs, private enterprises, study associations, and a wide network of National Agencies’ local Service Centres, as well as sponsors such as Swedish Internet Society, IIS. Since Sambruk is not an association of telecentres, but Local and Regional Authorities, they will involve other e-inclusion partners and stakeholders, mainly public libraries and other Municipal offices.
The four main categories of partners are:
- public libraries – focusing on digital inclusion (literacy, trust & confidence)
- other locations within local authorities’ organisations, arranging on-site activities ranging from digital literacy to online safety and cybersecurity to coding
- adult educational associations – focusing on digital empowerment (skills for jobs)
- Government Agencies’ Local Service Centres, focusing on digital inclusion (trust & confidence in public e-services)
Partners will offer a wide variety of information & training sessions for drop-in’s, beginners classes on ICT skills for employment. Based on successful experiences and outcomes from previous campaigns in 2014-2017, we will further focus on understanding, utilizing and protecting one’s eID, thereby fostering trust and confidence in Internet based services and information, as well as in public e-services.
Prioritized groups for digidelnätverket are senior citizens, people with different disabilities, national minorities, persons with other native language and children and youth.
Promotion and dissemination
Campaign information will be distributed through regular media channels (national, regional and local news media), as well as through social networks and other virtual/electronic channels at each partners’ disposal.
Via Föreningen Sambruk and SKL (Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions) we will reach all Swedish local authorities at both executive, line management and operational levels.
We will also collaborate with the Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications, of which the Swedish Minister of Digitalisation resides.
Sambruk with its 200 partners anticipates to engage 5,000 users in the ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 activities in Sweden.
- Blogpost: GOW17 in Sweden – 8,000 people reached
- Blogpost: GOW in Sweden – Non-hierarchical, independent and democratic networking group
- Overview of GOW17 activities in Sweden
- Overview of GOW16 activities in Sweden
- Blogpost: A short summary of GOW16 in Sweden
- Photos: GOW16 in Sweden