Certiport and European Partners Promote Digital Skills with Free Certification and Training Events
Brussels, 22 March 2019
Certiport, a Pearson VUE business and the leading provider of performance-based IT certification exams that accelerate academic and career opportunities for learners, today announced their support for European ALL DIGITAL Week 2019. This pan-European campaign sends a strong message to all citizens on the importance of learning new media literacy and digital skills in order to understand and benefit from the digital transformation. ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 takes place from March 25-29, 2019.
Laurentiu Bunescu, CEO of ALL DIGITAL, said, “We organise ALL DIGITAL Week to support Europeans in their digital transformation journeys. More than ever, we all need to invest in digital skills for media literacy, social inclusion, employability, entrepreneurship and education.”
Some of the specific ALL DIGITAL Week events Certiport and Certiport Authorized Partners are involved in include:
- Germany: Certiport partner Certnet will organise a free workshop on Microsoft Office Specialist on March 26.
- Ireland and the UK: Certiport partner Prodigy Learning is offering free Microsoft Office Specialist and Microsoft Certified Educator exams.
- Paris, France: SkillsUp is providing an open session for Adobe Certified Associate certification will be held at Intuit Lab on Wednesday, March 27.
- Poland: Numerous sessions are organized by OpenEDG providing free digital skills training and certification including IT Academy for Adults (IC3 Digital Literacy) and Computer Systems Administrator Academy (Microsoft Technology Associate).
- Romania: Certipro Education, Certiport’s partner in Romania, has partnered with Fundatia EOS and the National Association of Public Libraries to offer up to 500 IC3 Spark and IC3 GS5 GMetrix practice exam licenses to schools, public libraries, or other institutions to test digital literacy skills with IC3.
“Certiport is thrilled to be part of ALL DIGITAL Week,” said Ray Murray, Vice President and General Manager – IT, Pearson VUE. “We believe that certification is the best measure of return on investment in digital skills education and we are committed to working to include the 43 percent* of Europeans who still do not have the digital skills needed for today’s workplace.”
Certiport has participated in several initiatives to raise awareness and address the digital skills gap in Europe and recently received the European Code Week Certificate of Excellence for its role in engaging its vast European network of partners to scale up the impact of learning to code.
*European Commission, Digital Economy and Society Index (DESI) Human Capital and Digital Skills: ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/human-capital
Certiport, a Pearson VUE business, is the leading provider of certification exam development, delivery and program management services delivered through an expansive network of over 14,000 Certiport Authorized Testing Centers worldwide. Certiport manages a sophisticated portfolio of leading certification programs including: the official Microsoft Office Specialist certification program, the Microsoft Technology Associate certification program, the Microsoft Certified Educator program, the Adobe® Certified Associate certification program, the Autodesk Certified User and Autodesk Certified Professional certification programs, the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User certification program, and the IC3 Digital Literacy certification. Certiport reliably delivers over three million tests each year throughout the secondary, post-secondary, workforce, and corporate technology markets in 148 countries and 26 languages worldwide. For more information, www.certiport.com or follow Certiport on Twitter at www.twitter.com/certiport.
“Certiport” and “MOS” are registered trademarks of Certiport, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Source – https://certiport.pearsonvue.com/