2020: You 2.0!
For the third time, the Centre of Technical Culture Rijeka (CTC Rijeka) led ALL DIGITAL Week in Croatia as a National Partner.
This year, due to the COVID-19 situation, CTC Rijeka had to cancel most of the face-to-face workshops, and this also reflected on all of the partner organizations that CTC Rijeka coordinates during the All Digital Week. However, some activities were transferred to online environment.
This year the highlight of our campaign was that despite the COVID-19 situation and almost complete lockdown in the country during All Digital Week, CTC Rijeka and partners managed to reach a lot of people from different backgrounds and got them engaged in learning about digital topics.
CTC Rijeka organized three online contests for children and adults:
1. Programming challenge on Hackerrank platform which gathered youngsters interested in coding.
2. Robotics challenge with the topic “My life indoors” where we challenged young people to invent different “smart” solutions to help them with the life in the quarantine.
3. 3D modeling competition with the same topic as the one in the robotics challenge, “My life indoors”, where 17 participants modeled their solutions for indoor life to be 3D printed.
Besides these competitions, CTC Rijeka produced short videos with tips and tricks on how to use the computer more efficiently for general public and disseminated the videos via social media using #AllDigitalWeek hashtag.
The situation with the COVID-19 brought many issues, even for the people who were healthy and at home, one of the most prominent ones being disinformation and fake news. In times like these, it is really important to be literate in regard to the media and different sources of information online. CTC Rijeka is a partner in the Get Your Facts Straight! Project, which came in handy, since the project is about tackling the problem of disinformation and promoting media literacy.
Our partner, Marlena Bogdanović from Tučepi Elementary School held two workshops:
- Online one, which included 16 participants, was about online and offline communication and what to do about the online and offline violence.
- Our digital toys: Light and sound, was held face-to-face with 16 workshop participants.
Dalia Kager, from Eugen Kvaternik Velika Gorica Elementary School, held online workshops: ‘Learning is creating’ (42 participants), ‘Keep it safe’ (29 participants), and ‘What will you be when you grow up?’ (23 participants).
IT club Futura released all of their programming course materials online to public for free.
Over 16,000 people were reached via media activities, and some of the examples are:
- News about the campaign
- News CTK closed IT classrooms, but they have a lot of online activities
- News https://www.novilist.hr/rijeka-regija/rijeka/ctk-rijeka-spremio-online-cjepiva-znanja/
- News CTK Rijeka has prepared an online media literacy campaign: How to recognize fake news and misinformation
More info on: www.ctk-rijeka.hr
Contact: Loris Rašpolić
- Report on ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Croatia
- Blog on Unite-IT about ALL DIGITAL Week in Croatia
- All Digital Rijeka Hackathon
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Croatia – review
- post on Unite-IT: ALL DIGITAL Week in Croatia
- PHOTOS: ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Croatia
- Overview of ALL DIGITAL Week commitments and activities in Croatia
- GOW17 in Rijeka, Croatia
- Get Online Week 2017 in Rijeka, Croatia: cybersecurity, robotics, visual programming
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Croatia
- Blogpost: GOW 2015 in Croatia – a big success!
- Photos: GOW in Croatia
- Video: Studio photography workshop