2020: You 2.0!
For the third time, the Centre of Technical Culture Rijeka (CTC Rijeka) leads ALL DIGITAL Week in Croatia as a National Partner.
During the ALL DIGITAL Week 2020 CTC Rijeka is going to organise free workshops and lectures that will include citizens of all age groups and different backgrounds, from children and young people, to elderly citizens, as well as socially excluded groups. CTC will inform them about the possibilities enabled by new technology available to them and the ways how to use it safely and responsibly, in order to enhance their digital skills, increase media literacy and employment possibilities. For more advanced children, youth and other citizens there will be organized activities in the STEM field (coding, robotics, etc.)
Besides that, CTC Rijeka will communicate and support different partners on national, regional and local level to help them get involved in the All Digital Week by sharing the campaign and helping them organize different workshops for participants from their area. CTC Rijeka will share necessary training materials with all interested parties in order to scale up the event both geographically and in the terms of number of participants.
Activities will be organized in three blocks:
1. Building personal responsibility and promoting media and digital literacy. This series of workshops will deal with social networks and online news media, and will promote the values of tolerance and active citizenship. Citizens will learn how to protect their private information, how to recognize and avoid hate speech, how to aptly present themselves on the social networks.
2. Using digital tools to improve their chances in the increasingly digital economy and society. The citizens will learn how to use free online tools, such as e-Citizen, e-mail, Google tools, Europass, etc.
3. Learning new digital skills in order to enhance employability. Citizens will be able to involve in the workshops that provide introductory and advanced lessons on programming, robotics, graphic design, all using digital tools.
CTC Rijeka will include approximately 15 elementary and secondary schools that will organise activities in the fields of STEM and advanced technology usage, and also regarding safe and responsible usage of online tools, social networks and all sources available on the Internet.
In addition, approximately 10 NGOs will be involved in promoting and celebrating ALL DIGITAL Week, by organizing promotional activities, events, workshops, and lectures, with an aim of enhancing digital skills and promoting digital literacy among general public.
Other stakeholders that will be indirectly included are decision makers, employers, other institutions and organizations, as well as general public at national level, who will be informed about the activities, the results, and the importance of digital literacy today.
In Croatia, 15 partners will organise events for 1,500 people.
More info on: www.ctk-rijeka.hr
Contact: Loris Rašpolić
- Report on ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Croatia
- Blog on Unite-IT about ALL DIGITAL Week in Croatia
- All Digital Rijeka Hackathon
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Croatia – review
- post on Unite-IT: ALL DIGITAL Week in Croatia
- PHOTOS: ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Croatia
- Overview of ALL DIGITAL Week commitments and activities in Croatia
- GOW17 in Rijeka, Croatia
- Get Online Week 2017 in Rijeka, Croatia: cybersecurity, robotics, visual programming
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Croatia
- Blogpost: GOW 2015 in Croatia – a big success!
- Photos: GOW in Croatia
- Video: Studio photography workshop