2019: Digital skills for all
The Cyprus Computer Society (CCS) for the forth time will be the national partner for the ALL Digital Week in Cyprus.
The Cyprus Computer Society is a professional and independent not for profit organization, seeking to improve and promote high standards amongst informatics professionals, in recognition of the impact that informatics has on employment, business, society as well as on the quality of life of the citizen. CCS is the the national ECDL Licensee and have a network of over than 200 ECDL Education and Test Centres in all cities and villages of Cyprus with a total clientele (most centres are also teaching other lessons, languages etc) of more than 25000 students of all ages and levels.
For ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 CCS will organise various activities related to the involvement of citizens of all ages in gaining or expanding their digital skills:
- partners will participate at the International Educational Exhibition
- partners will visit a number of schools to give presentations on ICT Skills and Digital Jobs
- the Code Cyprus workshop and competition is organised at the UCLan University in Larnaka
- free workshops on coding, programming and robotics for students will be offered during the All Digital week.
- The activity “Let’s SHARE Larnaka” will take place where cizitens will be involved in the promotion of cultural heritage through social media.
- ECDL Test Centres – promotion and events organization
- The Ministry of Education and Culture – know-how
- The Office of the Digital Champion of Cyprus
- CITEA (Cyprus IT Enterprises Association) – provider of business partners
- CYTA – National telecommunications provider – support on planning
- Public Universities: University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology, Open university of Cyprus – promotion and event venues
- Private Universities and Colleges: European University Cyprus, University of Nicosia, Frederick University, UCLan
- Youth Board of Cyprus – promotion
- DisruptCyprus News Portal – promotion
- DisruptEurope News Portal – promotion
Together with their partners, CCS plans to involve at least 500 people in the ALL DIGITAL Week events.
Contact: Toumazis Toumazi