2020: Coming together for a better, inclusive and innovative digital future
European Projects & Management Agency (EPMA) is coordinating the 2020 campaign in Czechia. Having organized a number of digital education events and being a part of this campaign already in the past (in 2012 and 2013), EPMA strives to widen the reach of the campaign to all parts of the country and to all sectors.
EPMA will be cooperating primarily with its national networks, formal and informal as well as with its co-founders. This will allow EPMA to have a nation-wide reach while also disseminating information to local orgnisations such as schools (run by regions and municipalities), businesses small and big (part of the Coalition), public administrations and NGOs (part of the Coalition as well as represented among EPMA’s founders) and other actors and networks that the organisation has partnered with throughout its 15+ years of existence.
The primary group of organisations that EPMA is involving in this campaign are members of the national Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition. Secondly EPMA will be focusing on formal and non-formal educational organisations primarily from its co-founding region, the Vysocina Region, as well as from other areas.
- The Vysocina Region and its President have expressed the support and declared partnership with the campaign. Two major activities will join the campaign, namely a major nation-wide conference “Pocitac ve Skole” (Computer at School) and a hackathon they are co-preparing.
- EPMA’s co-founder Brezen will be running its major event – the Conference INSPO, which is the biggest event in CZ that deals with digital technologies for people with disabilities.
- The Secretariat of the Czech National Digital Skills Coalition has also declared their support and began disseminating the information about it.
The goal of the Czech campaign this year is to promote activities and work happening in the Czech Republic and to promote the partners organizing events. The organizers also hope to bring together various actors on national level enabling them to build cooperation or partnerships for better digital future. Last, but certainly not least, EPMA hopes this year’s campaign will bring digital awareness and empowerment to wide public, including those most unlikely reached by digital skills and empowerment activities.
Contact: Iva Walterova
- Blogpost: GOW17 for Education in the Czech Republic
- Blogpost: GOW17 in Czechia
- Bogpost: GOW17 is over, but the challenge continues
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Czechia
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Czechia
- Blogpost: GOW 2016 in the Czech Republic: coding, Skillage, commandments, and iSejf competition
- Video: GOW16 in Czechia