2019: Be digital – improve and share your skills!
In 2019, the ALL DIGITAL Week in Germany was organised by two partners – Stiftung Digitale Chancen and the students of Scientific Institute of the Technical University Dortmund.
Stiftung Digitale Chancen (Digital Opportunities Foundation – SDC) was the German National Partner for ALL DIGITAL Week for the eighth time.
In this year’s ALL DIGITAL Week, Stiftung Digitale Chancen focused on digital media in education and the digital inclusion of all target groups under the slogan: “Be Digital – Improve and Share Your Skills!”.
Many digital competence centres all over Germany participated by conducting events and workshops: the “Smartphone Consultation Hour” for senior citizens in Darmstadt and Neuss; the workshop “That’s how Twitter works” for associations and organization of the regional media authority in Saarbrücken; the “Gaming, chatting, posting …” workshop for young people in Hamburg; the free “MS Office – determine and expand knowledge” workshop by the Certiport partner Certnet; and many others. In one of the foundation’s own events young school children learned how to make music with tablets, how to control a computer game with dough and cables, and how to bring a drawing to life.
For the last 5 years Sozialforschungsstelle Dortmund Central (Scientific Institute of the Technical University Dortmund ) has helped to boost ALL DIGITAL Week activities in the region and collaborated with Stiftung Digitale Chancen. Supported by Sozialforschungsstelle Dortmund Central, a group of students studying BA in rehabilitation science at University of Dortmund created workshops to improve digital inclusion.
This year twelve students prepared more than 40 workshops for ALL DIGITAL Week Dortmund 2019. The workshops dealt with four different topics: digital job applications, facebook for people with intellectual impairments, a first introduction to the app GoTalkNow and facing cyber bullying for pupils and parents. The Workshops took place in more than 30 telecentres and several learning spaces as well as social work and health institutions in and around Dortmund. They applied free WiFi from hotspots provided by DOKOM21.
Here is what the students say, “Even though this ALL DIGITAL Week was the 5th in Dortmund, it was the first for our group. To work at a project like this, connect with partners and participants, create and lead workshops and evaluate our activities was and still is a new and exciting experience for all of us. Due to that we are mostly proud of all the positive feedback following the workshops. All workshops were asked to be continued after the ALL DIGITAL Week. We were able to reach a lot of new partners who are excited to be part of the ALL DIGITAL Week in following years. ”
This year 87 workshops, webinars and consultations took place in Germany, and Stiftung Digital Chancen is proud to see all the different 108 organisations – digital competence centres, senior and youth centres and many more – to have organised 132 activities for 1,200 people.
Contact: Mrs. Nenja Wolbers, Project Manager
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Germany: Be Digital – Improve and Share Your Skills
- Culture Meets Digital during ALL DIGITAL Week 2019
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Dortmund
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Dortmund – Workshop “Facebook… and then?”
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Dortmund – an interesting experience!
- ALL DIGITAL WEEK in Dortmund – Get your job online
- ALL DIGITAL WEEK in Dortmund – #openyoureyes – face cyberbully
- Review of ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Germany
- Blogpost: ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 Germany – The ALL DIGITAL Week is for everybody!
- Blogpost: #alldigitalweek 2018 in Dortmund, Germany: From dial to touchscreen
- Blogpost: #alldigitalweek 2018 in Dortmund, Germany: What does my child do online?
- Overview of commitments for ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Germany
- Blogpost: GOW17 in Germany: Chances and challenges of the Internet event
- Blogpost: GOW17 – Team Dortmund: 2 new training courses
- Blogpost:Growing up with media in Germany
- Blogpost: Great GOW in Dortmund University!
- Blogpost: “Seniors – Fit in the internet!” – a raving success of GOW17 in Dortmund University
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2017: All the Training courses in Dortmund
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Germany
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Germany
- Blogpost: GOW16 in Germany: Kids code their own computer games with Scratch
- Blogpost: GOW16 in Germany: Young people find their strengths with YouRock.Jobs
- Blogpost: GOW16 in Germany: Levato answers questions on PC and smartphones use at the exhibition
- Photos: GOW16 in Germany
- Blogpost: Young people find their strengths with YouRock
- Blogpost: Surfing with tablets for senior citizens
- Blogpost: It’s time to discover skills again!
- Photos: GOW 2015 in Germany
- Blogpost: GOW 2015 in Dortmund
- Video: GOW 2015 in Dortmund
- Dortmund report on GOW 2015
- GOW12 in Germany
- GOW2012 video from Germany: At missile base – Are you up to it?
- GOW2012 partner for Germany: Stiftung Digitale Chancen