2018: Be UMIque and become Unique!
The DAISSy research group (Dynamic Ambient Intelligent Sociotechnical Systems) participated in the ALL DIGITAL Week for the first time.
The groups was founded in 2001 by highly skilled and motivated researchers coming from various backgrounds. The vision of the researchers of DAISSy group is to contribute to the realization of an advanced humane society by inventing technology that adapts and supports human needs and not the other way round! The group collaborates with the research laboratory “Pervasive & Mobile Computing, Quality and Ambient Intelligence” at Hellenic Open University and Research Unit 3 of Computer Technology Institute & Press “Diophantus”.
DAISSy organized a webinar in order to introduce UMI (Ubiquitous, Mobile, Internet of Things) technologies and their potential use in STEM education. The webinar presented a holistic view of UMI technologies and introduced their potential use in education and training. The following topics were covered:
- Introduction to UMI technologies and their potential use in education and training
- Demonstration of the UMI online collaboration platform as an enabler for participation in the Communities of Practice and for promotion at European level
- Hands on session on the design of a training scenario using UMI technologies and the UDOO Neo kit
Anybody can join! Learn more about the webinar
Contact: Achilles Kameas
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2017 in Larissa, Greece
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Greece