The ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Latvia was coordinated by the Latvian Information and Communication technology association (LIKTA) together with the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development (VARAM), in cooperation with the general partners Microsoft Latvia, the Latvian State Radio and Television Centre and the Culture Information Systems Centre.
During ALL DIGITAL Week 2019, more than 28,500 Latvian citizens throughout the country acquired new digital skills and explored opportunities provided by digital technologies. Latvia has been one of the most active participants of the European ALL DIGITAL Week for the tenth consecutive year.
In Latvia, 202 cities, municipalities and parishes were actively involved in organising events. In total, citizens and entrepreneurs were able to participate in 600 face to face events provided by nearly 300 partners: ministries, state agencies, businesses, banks, schools and universities, libraries, municipal authorities and non-governmental organisations.
Each day of the campaign in Latvia was devoted to a specific topic:
- Monday, March 25 – Official Opening event “Smart Latvia – Digital transformation of society, state and enterprises“
- Tuesday, March 26 – “Digital by default“
- Wednesday, March 27 – “ICT Professionals Day“
- Thursday, March 28 – “E-identity day“ and “Cybernight 2019“
- Friday, March 29 – “Digital Skills for Future Digital Work“
The highlight of the campaign was Friday, 29 March “Digital Skills for Future Digital Work”. The day was particularly targeting young people (aged 12-19) to promote ICT careers and digital jobs. The competition “Digital skills for my future job“ organized by LIKTA, Microsoft Latvia and Latvian ICT Cluster was promoted and activities took place at schools and digital competence centers around Latvia. Young people had the chance to meet inspirational speakers from different ICT industry sectors, as well as participate in practical workshops and create their visions for the future ICT professions.
The campaign was promoted through the special dedicated website www.eprasmes.lv; organisational websites www.likta.lv and www.mmu.lv and social media https://www.facebook.com/LIKTA.LV/
Over 3 mln people were reached with promotional activities. Over 800 social media posts, 100 web publications and 90 traditional media instances were tracked; there were more than 15,000 views of the www.eprasmes.lv home page.
Contact: Mrs. Mara Jakobsone, Vice President
- Report on ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Latvia
- Photos from the ALL DIGITAL Week campaign
- Overview of the ALL DIGITAL Week commitments
- Blogpost: GOW17 in Latvia: Digital skills for future digital jobs
- Blogpost: GOW17: Focus on Digital security and Cybersecurity in Latvia
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Latvia