2018:With trust and better skills for life!
The Association Langas Į Ateitį (LiA) has been the Lithuanian national partner for ALL DIGITAL Week since its kick-off back in 2010. In 2018, for the ninth time, Langas į ateitį organized the campaign in Lithuania, this time in cooperation with National Digital Coalition of Lithuania.
ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 sent out a clear message that we should step up our efforts to understand and embody changes in digital technology and adapt new knowledge, both at work and in life, with the aim of continuously improving digital skills to better adapt to the changing work environment. Thanks to the general partner M. Mazvydas National Library of Lithuania, the campaign activities were spread out more widely this year and better visible in the capital Vilnius, not only regional libraries.
The renovated modern M. Mazvydas National Library of Lithuania hosted the activities for schoolchildren, seniors, business representatives and other interested people. The topics which attracted a big number of participants were connected to the new GDPR regulation issues as well as fake news online and its prevention. Documentary movies complemented the fake news topic.
There was a dedicated homepage on computer screens in every public internet access point computer, and it attracted 18,662 users. There were another 7 national and 45 regional partners and organizations involved. More than 6,500 participants involved in ALL DIGITAL Week activities in 64 different events, more than 50,00 people reached through online media, offline events, partners activities and the campaign in social media.
This year the successful experience of the previous years was duplicated, and the new activities/projects were piloted. Activities involved different content- threats and opportunities online, new GDPR regulation, basic computer classes, mobile phone and internet etc. Lithuanian Safer Internet Youth Forum was invited to take part in the campaign, and Forum representatives visited 4 primary school kids with a lesson and activities (and souvenirs) on safer Internet usage, which were attended by 96 schoolchildren. The experience was very successful so it could become a constant activity of ALL DIGITAL Week. Another new partnership – cooperation with Lithuanian Armed forces as well as The State Data Protection Inspectorate.
Langas I Ateiti tracked over 40 media instances; some examples are:
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018: A good message can be fake
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018: Too good news can be fake
Contact: Mrs. Loreta Krizinauskiene
- Traditional and New Features of ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Lithuania
- PHOTOS: ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Lithuania
- Overview of ALL DIGITAL Week commitments in Lithuania
- Cybersecurity and e-Services training in partnership with banks in Lithuania
- GOW17 in Lithuania: Online with confidence and better skills
- Cybersecurity and “brain fight” for the GOW17 in Lithuania (Young Digital Changemaker)
- First “Personal Image in Social Media” training (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Lithuania
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Lithuania
- Blogpost: Short Summary of Get Online Week 2016 in Lithuania
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2016 in Lithuania: Discover More
- Video: Get Online Week 2016
- Photos: Moments from GOW16 events in Lithuania
- Blogpost: First impression first, personality – later. GOW in Lithuania
- Photos: GOW 2015 in Lithuania
- Video: GOW 2015 and Fit4Jobs project
- “The Cradle of e-Skills” a GOW2013 story from Lithuania
- Social Networks seminar for seniors during GOW2013 in Lithuania
- PHOTOS: GOW13 pictures from Lithuania
- GOW12 in Lithuania
- Story from Lithuania: “IT Club & robot Victoria”
- VIDEO: Get Online Week 2012 at the Lithuanian library
- VIDEO: Interview with young IT student Mantvydas Vaičiūnas
- VIDEO: Robotics: fantasy or reality?
- GOW12 partner for Lithuania: Langas I Ateiti