2019: All Romanians Digital
Already a partner in all previous campaign editions, EOS Foundation again, for the tenth time, was the Romanian national partner for ALL DIGITAL Week 2019.
The 10th edition of Hai pe net! (national name) digital inclusion campaign was implemented by EOS Romania Foundation as national partner together with a large and active community of schools, public libraries, NGOs, public access points, computer clubs for seniors and children.
150 centres registered this year for the campaign in order to develop literacy and digital inclusion activities in their local communities and they organised in total more than 200 online and offline activities for over 11,000 people.
Many of the centres that joined the campaign are located in small and rural communities, where the access to communication and technologies is limited. Activities and events implemented locally by national partners covered several topics. Some of this topics were suggested and written by EOS in the campaign guide which was delivered before the start of the events at national level.
From the topics suggested by national partners, activities which marked digital inclusion week in Romania and attracted a big number of participants were related to:
- First click: more than 80 courses, workshops and activities for absolute beginners were implemented with the aim to support people that never used a computer in their journey to a digital life;
- Digital competences? No Problem! This category of activities aimed to test digital competences for secondary and high school students using IC3 simulations which were provided by Certipro Education. 730 IC free simulations were taken during the campaign week;
- Creative programming through Minecraft Education Edition: school students learned how to code and to create their own games using Minecraft tutorials for beginners. More than 30 Minecraft workshops were organised in schools and public libraries.
- Programming with Micro: bits: with the help of their teachers, school students learned how to code using Micro: bits tutorials and understood in a creative way how to create their own products. This activity was organised for the first time within the campaign and was a great success among secondary and high school students – 54 workshops attracted over 2,000 participants!
- Online training courses for e-facilitators, teachers and librarians: more than 200 exams were registered on the Microsoft platform and over 20 workshops on this topic were sustained.
Other topics and activities which had great success within the ALL DIGITAL Week were: Code kids – a big number of workshops on this topic were held thanks to the partnership with Code Kids Romania. A range of workshops were organised on topics, such as Robotics, Online Safety and Cybersecurity, and last but not least activities and courses for seniors and elderly people.
Over 110,000 people were reached through media. The EOS Team has tracked over 90 media instances, including:
- Video: Micro: bit programming workshop at College “Lascu Voda” Siret
- Video: Micro: bit workshop for students at College “Lascu Voda” Siret
- Partnership between grandparents and grandchildren during ALL DIGITAL week at Secondary School no. 29 Galati
- Workshop for grandparents and Minecraft sessions for children at Secondary School “Oltea Doamna” Oradea
- At Technological High School “Dimitrie Leonida” Petrosani, during the week 25th – 31th March “WE ARE ALL DIGITAL”.
Contact: Ms. Gabriela Barna, director
- The Internet – The genie in the lamp for any desire! Oltea Doamna High School, Oradea, Romania
- ALL DIGITAL Week at “Ienachita Vacarescu” National College, Targoviste, Romania
- ALL DIGITAL Week at the National College “Horea, Closca and Crişan” Alba Iulia, ROMANIA
- Coding with Minecraft
- All Digital Week 2019 at The Northern Branch of Medgidia Municipal Library
- ALL DIGITAL WEEK 2019 in “Nicolae Titulescu” High school, Slatina, Romania
- Blogpost All Digital Week 2019 at the “Capitan Nicolae Plesoianu” High School in Ramnicu Valcea
- Blogpost ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Prahova, Romania
- Report on ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Romania
- Blogpost: ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Romania
- “Introduction to Cybersecurity” at “Ienachita Vacarescu” National College, Targoviste, Romania – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Winner
- Web accessibility – make the Internet available for all! – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Finalist
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 – With small steps in “The Knight’s World” – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Finalist
- Photos: ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania
- Overview of ALL DIGITAL Week commitments and activities in Romania
Blogs from partners/event organisers
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania – digital inclusion for all!
- ALL DIGITAL Campaign in Medgidia Municipal Library
- Big events also take place in small libraries
- The students from “Petru Rareș” National College Beclean learned about Cybersecurity
- We learn and communicate click by click
- We are all digital! – ALL DIGITAL Week at Alba Iulia, Romania
- Digital competences challenge for young people, Galatz, Romania
- Blogpost: Romania rewards the most active GOW17 partners!
- Blogpost: The spring of digital opportunities in Romania – GOW17
- Blogpost: GOW in Romania: a great success! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2017 in Romania! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Romania
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Romania
- Blogpost: Get Online Week Launched in Romania
- Blogpost: The best digital week so far – Romanian GOW 2016 – and beyond!
- Video: How one Romanian gymnasium celebrates GOW16
- Blogpost: Safe first steps
- Blogpost: Newcomers with experience on Internet surfing
- Blogpost: Promoting an accessible web in Romania
- Photos: GOW 2015 in Romania
- Photos: GOW13 in Romania
- GOW12 in Romania
- Video: Get Online Week 2012 at Pietrari Library
- Video: Get Online Week 2012 at Teius Theoretical High School
- GOW12 Partner in Romania – EOS Foundation