2019: All Romanians Digital
Already a partner in all previous campaign editions, EOS Foundation again, for the tenth time, will be the Romanian national partner in ALL DIGITAL Week 2019.
2019 campaign in Romania will focus on the following activities:
- First click: a range of courses, workshops and events will be developed in order to encourage first time users to access ICT devices (laptop, PC, tablets) and internet and to become familiar with ICT;
- ICT for Women: campaign partners will be encouraged to run and complete trainings and workshops to raise the awareness among girls and women regarding the importance of gaining ICT skills and improving their employability chances. The scope of this activity is to increase the women’s (but not only) interest for ICT-related jobs, to raise women’s chances to obtain better jobs and to make them more competitive on the job market.
- ICT and Entrepreneurship for Women: Female entrepreneurs have become important players in the entrepreneurial landscape. However, in Romania, the percentage of women who are starting a business related to ICT is still very low. In this respect, a special curriculum addressed to women that are intending to develop an ICT related business was developed and will be distributed to the partner’s centres to be used during ALL DIGITAL Week.
- Digital skills for seniors: In Romania, less than 28% of senior citizens aged 55 to 64 have access to ICT devices and internet. Most of them are not familiarized with the new technologies and have never used computer or internet. In this sense, a large number of seniors and elderly people will be engaged to participate in different activities especially designed for them: e.g. First click, how to use a tablet/smartphone to connect to social networks, look for medical services, connect with public services, etc.
- Minecraft for Education courses: organize various courses/tutorials related to Coding through Games/apps and Minecraft programming for young people.
As a national partner, EOS foundation will involve more than 100 partner centres/organizations across Romania to participate in ALL DIGITAL Week. The centres involved will be mainly represented by schools (more than 50 schools involved), public libraries (at least 40), Public Access Points (more than 10), other ICT training centres (public or private bodies) interested to take part in the proposed activities. Any organization or institution willing to join the action will be welcomed to become a partner of the event.
It is expected that more than 12,000 people will be involved in the activities directly and over 100,000 people will be reached.
Contact: Ms. Gabriela Barna, director
- Report on ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Romania
- Blogpost: ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Romania
- “Introduction to Cybersecurity” at “Ienachita Vacarescu” National College, Targoviste, Romania – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Winner
- Web accessibility – make the Internet available for all! – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Finalist
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 – With small steps in “The Knight’s World” – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Finalist
- Photos: ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania
- Overview of ALL DIGITAL Week commitments and activities in Romania
Blogs from partners/event organisers
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania – digital inclusion for all!
- ALL DIGITAL Campaign in Medgidia Municipal Library
- Big events also take place in small libraries
- The students from “Petru Rareș” National College Beclean learned about Cybersecurity
- We learn and communicate click by click
- We are all digital! – ALL DIGITAL Week at Alba Iulia, Romania
- Digital competences challenge for young people, Galatz, Romania
- Blogpost: Romania rewards the most active GOW17 partners!
- Blogpost: The spring of digital opportunities in Romania – GOW17
- Blogpost: GOW in Romania: a great success! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2017 in Romania! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Romania
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Romania
- Blogpost: Get Online Week Launched in Romania
- Blogpost: The best digital week so far – Romanian GOW 2016 – and beyond!
- Video: How one Romanian gymnasium celebrates GOW16
- Blogpost: Safe first steps
- Blogpost: Newcomers with experience on Internet surfing
- Blogpost: Promoting an accessible web in Romania
- Photos: GOW 2015 in Romania
- Photos: GOW13 in Romania
- GOW12 in Romania
- Video: Get Online Week 2012 at Pietrari Library
- Video: Get Online Week 2012 at Teius Theoretical High School
- GOW12 Partner in Romania – EOS Foundation