2018: Improving digital skills of the nation – partnership for prosperity
Already a partner every year since the very beginning of the campaign in 2010, the ALL DIGITAL member International Aid Network (IAN) was again the Serbian national partner for ALL DIGITAL Week 2018.
ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Serbia engaged a record number of over 10,000 people who took direct part in numerous activities of the campaign coordinated by IAN Telecentar, Education Department of the local civil society organisation – International Aid Network.
Each year the pool of local partners has been growing and as a result also the number and quality of activities organized. This year, 90 local partners joined the ALL DIGITAL Week investing creative efforts to bring the benefits of ICT closer to primary and secondary school students, but also to professionals working in education as well as the elderly.
Local partners, led by primary and secondary schools, and including civil society organisations, public libraries, and professional associations joined the campaign. They designed various activities in more than 50 towns and villages, adjusting the activities to the needs and specifics of their local community. Educational and creative use of digital tools and resources was focused on highlighting the importance of digital skills and strengthening digital participation of citizens. People of all ages took part in creative workshops, e-skills seminars, a variety of lectures on children Internet safety and advanced use of the Internet, public lectures for the elderly, free e-courses and other.
Schools, the most numerous campaign partners, devoted significant attention to online safety events, using interactive presentations, games, and even making videos on this topic.
On the other hand, elderly, as the most digitally excluded group in Serbia, were not neglected during the campaign. A number of schools organised inter-generational knowledge exchange workshops where the pupils helped their grandparents and elderly neighbours to acquire basic e-skills and conquer the space of internet for the first time. Grateful for the new knowledge acquired, the elderly shared some of their skills, such as waltz dancing.
Traditionally, IAN Telecentar organised a competition for the best photo, video and for the most active partner during the campaign in Serbia. A number of extraordinary photos and videos were produced, and the winners are to be announced soon!
IAN Telecentar is extraordinarily proud of all their partners, devoted and committed activists who encouraged digital inclusion and empowerment of over 10,000 people in their communities who took part in events organized during the campaign. Special gratitude goes to school teachers who represent the pillar of the campaign in Serbia and act as the leaders of digital empowerment of children and youth thus opening the world of numerous opportunities for them.
IAN has tracked 128 media instances about the campaign. Here are some examples:
- VIDEO: All Digital Week in the Primary School “Raska”, Serbia
- TV news report about the All Digital Week in the Secondary school “Nikola Tesla” in Leposavic, Serbia
- Mechanical Technical School “14 October”, Kraljevo, web report
Contact: Ms Gordana Stankov Stojilovic
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Serbia
- QR Code: Combining national tradition and modern technology – BEST EVENT 2018 Finalist
- ALL DIGITAL WEEK in primary and high school “9 May” from Zrenjanin, Serbia
- ALL DIGITAL WEEK in the Mechanical School “14, October” Kraljevo, Serbia
- Overview of ALL DIGITAL Week commitments and activities in Serbia
- Blogpost: GOW17 in Serbia – #1 in Europe
- Blogpost: GOW17 in Oreskovica, Serbia
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Serbia
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Serbia
- Blogpost: GOW16 in Serbia – the greatest fair of activities and creativity so far
- Blogpost: Online Weekly Publication about GOW16 in two schools of Aleksinac and Zitkovac-Moravac
- Blogpost: GOW16 in primary school ‘Djura Jaksic’, Oreskovica, Serbia
- Blogpost: GOW16 in school “14.oktobar” Kraljevo-Serbia
- Video: GOW16: Onlajn Nedeljnik
- Video: GOW16: Stop-motion studio of 3rd grade students
- Video: Online Week
- Video: GOW16 multimedia classroom activities in Novi Sad
- Photos: GOW16 in Serbia
- Blogpost: Digital inclusion of seniors through inter-generational support
- Blogpost: GOW in Kraljevo Serbia
- Blogpost: GOW in Oreskovica Serbia
- Video: Inclusion through Skype
- Video: Digital inclusion of seniors
- Photos: GOW in Serbia and partners in action