2019: Digitally transforming Spain
ALL DIGITAL Week in Spain will be run by two major partners: Association “We are digital” – Asociacion ‘Somos Digital’ and AUPEX: Folk-High-School Association of Extremadura. Learn about the plans below:
Already a partner for the past eight editions, the ALL DIGITAL member Association ‘Somos Digital’ will be again the Spanish partner in 2019. The Association is a network of networks and comprises around 1400 digital competence centres. The Association will work with their 10 networks all across Spain: from Andalusia to the Canary Islands, all collaborating to bring citizens together into the digital world.
The networks of the Association will organize workshops, courses, webinars and events aimed at Spanish citizens to promote media literacy and digital skills, as well as critical thinking towards technology.
Specifically, the following activities will be run during the week:
- Training courses: creation of digital content, information search and social networks.
- Webinar about “fake news” and critical thinking using technologies.
- Webinar about digital design.
- Digital skills and employment workshops.
- Training actions and seminars planned by our digital competence center s.
For the dissemination, The Asociation “Somos Digital” has planned press conferences, participation in forums, seminars and conferences, and has prepared press releases and promotion material.
They plan to involve 5,000 people in the campaign activities.
Contact: Jose Moreno, Technical Secretary
2019: Digital transformation from a fun, inclusive and creative perspective!
AUPEX: FOLK-HIGH-SCHOOL ASSOCIATION OF EXTREMADURA for the first time will be the regional partner for ALL DIGITAL Week, after their first participation in the campaign in 2018.
Their Technological Literacy Programme of Extremadura, as a project involved in the social and digital inclusion of all people and in improving their employability, will lead the campaign in Extremadura. They are launching a series of actions, as well as dissemination campaign through their social networks.
AUPEX contributes to the ALL DIGITAL WEEK 2019 with four training events that will help promote media literacy by developing critical thinking and digital literacy, build safety and trust in technology by developing cybersecurity skills and, enhance employability by developing the right skills for the new digital jobs.
DON’T BE FOOLED! A talk-debate to highlight Media Literacy as a key competence for the empowering of citizenship. The activity will be based on a test called “Don’t be fooled! (¡Que no te la cuelen!) to self evaluate critical thinking against disinformation, fake news,…
ALL DIGITAL CHALLENGE. A two-phase training with a collaborative approach that will help improve participants’ skills, engagement and motivation to make the most of digital technologies, understanding their own way to self-empowerment in a glocal digital world:
- Phase 1 – Workshop I: Digital Content generation workshop + QR code
- Phase 2 – Workshop II: Introduction to coding with AppInventor.
3D DARE. Maker Culture, DiY, DiWO are concepts that still need to be reinforced in our region, specially among those with low level of digital skills. This training action is designed to boost creativity, innovation and foster collaboration and co-creation dynamics within AUPEX digital competence centres. A practical workshop takes users through an introduction to this topic, identifying potential uses of 3D printers at a local level, and helping participants desing their own creations. A regional contest will be held during the ALL DIGITAL WEEK. AUPEX will acknowledge the best design with an Arduino kit.
Designs will be shared on Youtube until 29th of March, during the first week of April, a public vote will decide the winner.
ALL DIGITAL RING 2.0. Last year’s ALL DIGITAL Week Best Event, THE ALL DIGITAL RING, presents its 2.0 version in 2019. For this campaign, users will co-create their own – local – content and will connect this Scratch project with the Raspberry Pi, so correct and wrong answers will activate green and red LEDs, respectively. A fun way of making the most of this awesome game.
Each Digital Competence Centre will organise a ‘Don’t be fooled!’ talk-debate + another activity (#RetoAllDigital, #3Ddare, #AllDigitalRing).
With its 80 digital competence centres, AUPEX plans to involve 1,000 people in the campaign.
Contact: Antonio Roman Casas, coordinator
- Report on ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Spain
- Blogpost on Unite-IT: ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Spain
- Overview of activities and commitments for 2018 campaign
- All Digital Ring: Scratch Project to be shared – Winner of Best event 2018
- True or False: What do you believe? – Finalist of Best Event 2018
- Digital Skills have no age
- Media Literacy – our next challenge / Great impact during ALL DIGITAL Week
- Digital inclusion experiences – AUPEX ALL DIGITAL Week 2018
- ALL DIGITAL Week in VILLAFRANCA, Spain
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Extremadura (Spain)
- Blogpost: 250 events during GOW17 in Spain
- Blogpost: More than 150 young people at the workshop “Aprender a emprender” – GOW17 in Spain
- Blogpost: Training and young entrepreneurship among the main activities of GOW17 in Spain
- Overview of GOW17 activities in Spain
- Overview of GOW16 activities in Spain
- Blogpost: GOW 2016 in Spain
- Video: GOW16 Spain (Association ‘Community of Telecentre Networks’)
- Photos: GOW16 Spain
- Blogpost: GOW comes to Spain
- Blogpost: Workshops and webinar on young people, women, entrepreneurship and ICTs close the activities of GOW 2015 in Spain
- Video: GOW 2015 in Spain
- Photos: GOW 2015 in Spain
- Narrative report about the campaign in Spain